Family Is A Constant
WorthOfRead.com recently wrote, “You may have lots of people in your life, but you won’t find a single person who care the most like your parents.” The family is important to all of us; it makes us who we are. Spirit of Quantico, a working title only, is the next installment of the Life On Base series and focuses on Stephen’s relationship with his sister. Military families tend to be close. Often, the family is the only constant for the children of those that serve their country.
We all wonder if we have a normal family. Normal, however, can be a difficult thing to describe. HealthyChildren.org posted a series of questions that may help us define normalcy for a family.
- Is there humor in the home?
- Does the family have rules?
- Are the family expectations for each person reasonable?
- Do members achieve their goals?
- Is there respect in the home?
- Do the members mature and grow?
These are some great guidelines that make us think.